Join the official festival program.
Join the festival
Here you can find information about how to become part of the official festival program. There is a link to the online application form at the bottom of the page.
The call for applications will open September 1st.
Application deadline for H.C. Andersen Festivals 2019 is November 1st 2018. You can expect to receive an answer to your application by the end of December 2018.
Who can apply?
Anyone who has a good idea for a project or performance related to the festival’s central concepts, and who can successfully deliver the project.
Which projects can apply for funding support?
It is possible to apply for funding support for any type of project and its related costs, excluding costs for marketing. Projects implemented by established cultural institutions cannot expect H.C. Andersen Festivals to subsidise payment of employees or standard operating costs. The projects must be carried out within the festival area in Odense city during week 34 in August.
What should the application include?
- Contact details
- Category (Theatre/dancing, art, music, workshops, subculture, cultural communication)
- Brief project description (max. 10 lines). In addition to the written description you can include a link to a short video presentation (optional – of max. 3 minutes).
- Target audience
- Detailed project description
- Description of the project’s relation to the festival’s core values
- Implementation schedule
- Location and staging requirements (i.e. stage measurements, need for sound equipment, etc.).
It is important that you read and agree to the Terms and Conditions on the application site. By sending in an application you accept these terms and conditions.
Upon filling in the application form, we suggest you first write your answers in Word e.g. and then copy the text into the application form. Please notice that bold, italics and underlining will disappear when copying into the application form.
Terms and requirements
To be included in the H.C. Andersen Festival's official program 2019 the project must live up to the terms and requirements.
Read and download these here.
How to write a good application
In general, place emphasis on your application being clear, thorough and reader-friendly.
- The application should not be too long, but does need to adequately address all questions in the application form
- As the applications may be read online, it is important to answer each question separately, and not simply refer to other fields/answers already given
- Be as specific as possible
If you apply for funding support from the festival, it is important that you detail the budget and calculate the exact amount you wish to apply for in Danish Kroner (DKK). State clearly whether the amount is per performance or for the project in its entirety.
Your project must relate to the core values in the festival’s Hans Christian Andersen universe. We recommend that you read about the central concepts and that you clearly relate to them in the application form.
How are the applications assessed?
The applications are reviewed by the festival’s selection committees with expertise in the fields of theatre, dance, music, art, subculture, street performance and cultural communication. It is the subject committees which decide which projects will be approved for the festival. They will consider the project's:
- Relation to the festival's central concepts
- Relevance to the festival
Fill in the application form after September 1st here.
Intet element blev fundet